- All About Vision and Learning Disabilities
Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more…
- About Success in School with Vision Therapy — Overcoming Reading Problems, Performing Below Grade Level, etc.
Read stories written by students, parents and teachers about improved grades, reading, spelling, math, handwriting, and more.
- About Blurry Vision, Eyestrain, Double Vision, and/or Headache
Convergence Insufficiency (CI) is the leading cause of blurry vision, eyestrain, double vision, and/or headaches (including with near vision). Patients should be aware that convergence insufficiency is a fairly common visual condition and that treatment is very effective. Convergence insufficiency was recently acknowledged by Mayo Clinic in the Dear Abby column.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) and Eyesight Conditions
Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- Dyslexia and Vision
The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems, and dyslexia.
- Eye Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties
Article by an eye doctor explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy, Learning Disabilities,and Learning Disabled
As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.
Binocular Vision Impairments
- All About Strabismus, Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Double Vision, etc.
Most comprehensive patient education web site on Strabismus on the internet – includes an article by an expert eye doctor covering the most frequently asked questions about crossed eyes, eye turns, etc.
- What is Lazy Eye?
Lazy eye is not the same as strabismus (a crossed eye or an eye turn). Read this very easy-to-understand explanation.
- Children’s Vision, Pediatric Vision Care
A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on lazy eye, crossed-eyes, strabismus, developmental delays, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, binocular vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery or Lazy Eye Surgery
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eye muscle surgery as a treatment for lazy eye, crossed eyes, etc. This type of surgery is frequently done, but often does not give satisfactory results.
3D Stereo Vision
- Optometrists Network
A national network of optometrists.
- COVD — The College of Optometrists in Vision Development
An international professional organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists.
- OEP — Optometric Extension Program Foundation
Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA — Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of persons who have physical disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries (TBI).